SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My wife and I sail a 1981 Douglas 31 out of Newcastle, ON - not so much lately as we have a new baby - the sails have become shorter and we spend a lot of time at the dock, feeding the baby in the cockpit and trying to get her used to sleeping down below without a crib! We figure start 'em early!
This is our second boat, the first being a 1971 Northern 25 we sailed out of Port Hope, ON.
I'm hoping to find valuable information, entertaining stories and some fun photos on this site... and possibly be able to contribute something too!

·
19,489 Posts
Welcome.. nice to see another Canuck... Boat looks great as do Mom and new sailor. Actually sailing with babies is easier than sailing with toddlers, but it's all doable and if you stick with it, before you know it your child will be grown and perhaps be boat owners themselves (as in our case! and we have a granddaughter who sailed for the first time at 7 days old)

Good site, lots of info and good folks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
breeding sailors,

that's what we figure - it worked for me, my parents moved onto our family boat with three boys for a cruise around Baja before moving back to Canada when I was 14, and the sailing we did in California has always been some of my fondest memories - and led me to buy our first boat as soon as we could afford it! No turning back now, we're going for a third generation now.
My parents are still sailing their California-built Challenger 32 which they bought when we moved down there in the early '80s, but now out of Waupoos in Prince Edward County. (when they're not out with us)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts