SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's only October and we shouldn't be talking about it yet; but any great ideas for Christmas presents this year for sailing enthusiasts?

Pete

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'll be needing a new anchor rode as my last one got used on some cat named Halcyon1 when he brought up Christmas before we even made it to ice out on the water.....LOL

honestly could use new main and jib sheets....have to let her know where to order those.

·
Freedom isn't free
2,946 Posts
A new 140 load path genoa (number 2)
A new reaching symmetrical spin (star)
Rigid Vang
Hell since we're just dreaming, a pair of number 40 ST winches.
New standing rigging
New running rigging...
a 4 stroke 4hp outboard.

heheheh... the list goes on and on!

Since I am on the naughty list, I'll get nothing but coal... so move on!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Okay, so it's only October and we shouldn't be talking about it yet; but any great ideas for Christmas presents this year for sailing enthusiasts?

Pete
Funny my daughter just said to me this evening, only 10 more Saturdays until Christmas. Not that far off when you think of it that way.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I'll get nothing but coal... so move on!
Shhhh, not so loud, I've been deliberately bad for years, in a few more I'll be able heat my house.

I would like a elf or two to unstep my mast, re-varnish it and step it again all in one night.

·
S/V Wyndwitch - Morgan 24
473 Posts
A set of new sails a working harness with ascenders and a girlfriend who not only loves sailing but likes doing upholstery......
:D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
New foulies! My Gill jacket and ProRainer pants have served me well for many years, but they are starting to let me down. Since my buddies are talking me into doing some winter racing I need to gear up!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Since it has finally decided to rain in Texas, new rain gear. Mine seriously let me down yesterday.
A jenniker.
Plane tickets to STT.
New bottom job.
A solution to mounting a Manson on the bow.
Self tailing winches.
Mainsail cover.
It never ends.

·
Freedom isn't free
2,946 Posts
Shnool, when you're as bad as me, you realize that coal isn't so bad. You just need to get a coal-powered heater, or a steam-powered outboard. Then you're golden.
True with the value of coal, I'll have enough to buy this stuff soon!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Gift cards to marine stores.

That's gold.
or just Gold .. :cool:

Since I am on the naughty list, I'll get nothing but coal... so move on!
I used to have a friend with a pile of coal from an old furnace .. we always choose someone to get coal in their stocking .. some years it was funny some years we choose poorly and the recipient didnt get the joke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts