SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just bought a chrysler 22 on a trailor, I had planned to store it in a local harbor, that just fell through... I am wondering it is harder on the boat to be trailored back and forth from the water? I do know about the inconvience of setting up the boat, but is trailoring harder on the boat.

·
smillinjack
53 Posts
Starwin 22 TRL

we just bought a chrysler 22 on a trailor, I had planned to store it in a local harbor, that just fell through... I am wondering it is harder on the boat to be trailored back and forth from the water? I do know about the inconvience of setting up the boat, but is trailoring harder on the boat.
I have a starwin 22 that I trailer back and to . It works good for me. If you try to stay on good roads and keep the trailer up you should do fine. Bearing buddy's on the trailer and good tires with a spare help. Saltwater will eat up a trailer so you need to stay ahead of the corrosion . It sure is cheaper than paying $ 500.00 a month for a boat slip. Good Sailing:D

·
smillinjack
53 Posts
Starwind 22

I built a PVC pipe rig to hold the mast off the deck while I trailer. Four PVC pipes about 4 feet long with caps on all the ends. Put a SS bolt through two pipes to make an X but put it 3/4 of the way up the pipe, actually I used an I bolt with washers, that way I could bungee it in place. One on the bow and one in the cockpit worked for me. Happy Sailing :D P.S. at least 1 1/2 pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts