SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 4 day trip and the exhaust mixing elbow on our Yanmar sprung a leak. As luck would have it I could not patch it to get her home. Any other time I have some Marinetex or Easypoxy to maybe use. Anyway it was spraying a fair amount all over and naturally the wind was on the nose the whole trip so 14 hrs of running the motor a lot of water sprayed. Wondering what the thought are on cleaning it. When I noticed this, I sprayed WD40 everywhere I could on the engine. Had to let it sit over night when we got in because it was hot and late. Went down yesterday and sprayed it down with Simple Green and then took the water hose and washed it down. Sprayed more WD40 everywhere I could. Anything else anyone can think of to do at this stage. In salt water about half the time and then brackish the last leg. Always something :D
Thisisus
Islander 32
Mobile AL

·
68 Posts
Huge fan of Corrosion X, Not sure where you are but you can get it from HamiltonMarine.com if you don't have a local chandlery around. It will "Stick" better and WD-40 tends to evaporate with heat. It's saved my @$$ a bunch of times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.