SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have never used an agent to clear into a country but it seems that it is compulsory in Indonesia, at least as far as getting your CAIT (cruising permit). I have viewed the list on noonsite and done some more research around the internet and i am having difficulty finding good information on agents.

We will check into Indonesia in Jayapura having come from PNG. My brain tells me that i should choose an agent based somewhere in the east of the archipelago as it seems it might facilitate communications if things go south but the agents i'm finding seem to be based in Bali or Jakarta...but my brain has been known to be wrong, so, I guess (one of) the pertinent question(s) is: Will I ever meet whichever agent I choose or will it all be conducted remotely, making distance and location a moot point? Does have personal recommendations on agents they have used in the past? I would like to hear all stories, good or bad.

This is new territory for me and any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used the Sail Indo website for some info but i never considered sending them an email directly. I will be coming from the Solomons, not Australia, so i wonder if thye will be able to help. an email should give me that answer.

there is some time--i will exit NZ in late may, then breeze back through vanuatu (spent much time tehre in 2012) and to the solomons>PNG>indo. for inward clearance sometime in late july(??). I definitely want to get the ball rolling from here, though. Honiaria seems like a bad place to handle this sort of thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.