SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,505 Posts
Raymond Ledesma was the guy in charge of Sail Indonesia when we did the Sail Indonesia Rally. He had a side business of issuing CAITS to interested cruisers who did not want to join the rally. You will never meet an "agent" on your journey. simply check in with your CAIT at wherever you decide to check in.

Also we attend a Tourism Indonesia party last month promoting the "Ampat Rajat" region. The officials there were very keen on having yachties visit this area.

I will try and get you the email address of this person. She can arrange everything for you. Give me a few days as we are in transit...

Cheers

Reactions: obelisk

·
3,505 Posts
Obelisk,

Here you go:
Ny. Hellen Sarita de Lima /K. SH
Director
[email protected]
sailmalukuarchipelago.com

There was some indication that the "Sail Ampat Rajat" organization may pay for your CAIT. They are keen to promote the region to sailors. Please mention you heard about this area from an informational party given at the Phuket Cruising Yacht Club. The organzation put on a great night with live music, beer and plenty of food.

For an interesting read on Indonesia check out William Manchester's "Krakatoa"
Also Alfred E Wallace spent considerable time in the Ampat looking for the elusive bird of paradise. I remember that Tim Severin wrote a book about recreating one of Wallace's journey here, forgot the title.

the email address is wrong on the above, it want to create a link...should be hellen_ambon @ yahoo.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts