SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
Beneteau 393
10,339 Posts
Reaction score
Mark, are you certain about that? I asked at immigration in St. John last year and they said that it is a valid method. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed policy, but it would have to be a recent change. It wouldn't make much of a difference, since the foreign crewmember could just remain in St. John and wait for the boat, crewed only by U.S. nationals or permanent residents, to clear in by themselves before rejoining the boat.
Yes its true. There is a line on a CBP website that says any person on a private boat entering the USA must have a B1B2 visa, except Canadians. I have seen the webpage but now can't find it. Ive check a coupla times over the last few months for forum questions, havent had time today.

If you think about it, it would make a mockery of CBP if you could ferry from BVI to USVI and grab a visa on arrival then pull up the anchor and head to Florida.

It was a loophole but its been plugged.

If I am wrong then I owe you an icecream :)

Mark
PS wen ya coming to SXM?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.