SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam a
usa citizen retired in the philippines; i bought another sailboat(missing the sailing) and i want to fly a philippines citizen to haiti(non visa required of this crew member). And then cruise the carib but eventually return to the usa for a while before going out again. How do i get this crew member into the usa temporary till we depart again after the surgery on my arm? Is a transit visa all i need? And do i just take his passport to coast guard for clearance?
Thaks gary

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your insight into this matter! Its almost like filipinos are terrorist ; for its so difficult for such a beautiful country and people to have to endure this.I think your idea is a good one and will consider it upon arrival of my crew member
regards
gary

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH my gosh! Thank you guys for all your input!Maybe I will never return to the USA ; this is the same reason why I decided to retire in the Philippines!Iam so embarrass to be an american at time! I guess I will try to get B-1 or B-2 visa this month just to see if I can get it for her. I now would like to live on another country other then the philippines cause I have liquidated my Business ventures over here. any suggestions from u guys of your favorite cruising grounds with less burocratic BS then the USA?
I will keep all posted of how this visa situation works out. thanks again to all
Gary
PS Havent renamed my new boat yet!Maybe after my last Boat "Restless Rosie"

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no offense intended; but if you are not from a visa waiver country list then it is almost impossible to get a visit visa for a filipino ; i should know for i have lived in the philippines 4 years now and been traveling and doing business here since 1990
gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.