SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Redwood Coast, CA.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
After 18 months of looking we have finally found and purchased "Cloud Messenger" a 1994 Crealock 37 that is currently in Puerto Rico. The deal closed this morning and my wife and I are walking on air right now.

I've been lurking on this site for at least a year, and want to thank everyone that was kind enough to answer my questions when I first joined the group.

I hope that with 18 months of looking at different PSC 34's and 37's, and now owning a PSC 37 I will be able to make some worthwhile contributions to this forum in the future.

Best regards,
David & Cheryl Schachter
Cloud Messenger
PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I remember Cloud Messenger.

We were bareboating in the Grenadines in Feb of 2008 when we anchored alongside Cloud Messenger - she looked great, but I am biased. Here's a picture from that anchorage:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful boat! We are currently in the process of adding bimini and having previously seen a picture of your boat, knew that it could be done tastefully. Know you will enjoy sailing her.

Bob & Ellen
Shibumi
Crealock 37 #7

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful boat! We are currently in the process of adding bimini and having previously seen a picture of your boat, knew that it could be done tastefully. Know you will enjoy sailing her.

Bob & Ellen
Shibumi
Crealock 37 #7
YES! Congrats! She looks beautiful. I too really like that dodge/bimini. Am trying to figure out what I want to do on my own right now and that does look "tastefully done".

Are you going to sail her back up here or keep her down in PR?

Alan

·
Redwood Coast, CA.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ted, Bob and Ellen, & Alan,
Thanks for the kind words. Ted, that is the best picture of Cloud Messenger we have to date. We haven't had the chance to take too many of our own yet and yours is a welcome addition to the pics. we do have.
Our plan............. at this moment, is to bring the boat to the east coast for hurricane season, stash her somewhere in Virginia or Maryland for a couple of months. Then we return home (in California) to finish getting our lives ready to cruise. Next season we plan on sailing in the Caribbean again, and after that we have some vague plans, but I think it would be a wise idea to wait and see how Cheryl takes to life at sea.

David
Cloud Messenger

·
Redwood Coast, CA.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P.S. Cloud Messenger now has a new sail cover to match the UV protection on the jib and staysail. The Bimini and dodger are still green.
David

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ted, Bob and Ellen, & Alan,
... Ted, that is the best picture of Cloud Messenger we have to date. ...
David

I have more of her at anchor at Admiralty Bay, Bequia. And if you want the higher res originals, you can PM me. I took a few pictures because I admired the radar pole / ob motor crane setup as well as the solar panels mounted above the bimini, and the bimini connector to the dodger.

I think I'll start another thread where we can post pictures of various bimini and dodger setups.

·
Registered
370 Posts
OK David - I sent you an invite to my Picasa Web Album where I uploaded all my photos of s/v Cloud Messenger. Hope you enjoy'em. Where in Puerto Rico are you keeping her? We bareboated out of Puerto del Rey in Fajardo this past Feb and sailed around Vieques - it was great. I saw a PSC34 there, but the owner was not around, as well as a Cape George.

·
Redwood Coast, CA.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ted,
Cloud Messenger is at Puerto Del Rey now. The P.O.'s had been storing her on the hard in Grenada for the past 4 or 5 years (during hurricane season only) and we're en route to the east coast U.S. to put her up for sale. They were anchored at Culebra when we first made contact and agreed to meet us in Fajardo.
Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to get back to the boat so I can start taking some pictures of my own..... that and the million other things I can't wait to do when we return. 9 days and counting!
David
Cloud Messenger
PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts