SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Coast Guard Documentation process times.

19K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  jerryrlitton 
#1 ·
I sent my transfer of ownership request into the CG three months ago. They cashed my check exactly two months ago. I have not received any thing back from them and their data base has not updated the vessel ownership info. Is this common? and if so, how the hell and I supposed to keep updated registration docs if it takes 6 months to renew? :mad:

(its like being at a bar where the service is so slow that each time they bring you a beer you have to order a new one)

Discussion starter · #14 · (Edited)
We love the CG out here in the PNW, all they do is save lives. I can wait for the paperwork. No worries. I am one of a proud minority who can say "I voted for my Rep, both my Senators AND my President." ;)

The loonies came from somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Good news, I finally got my documentation - 3 months and 2 weeks after submission. The wheels turn slowly, but at least they turn.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
The year of manufacture is actually off by a year on my documentation. I wonder if I am opening up a whole can of worms to try to get this changed. It might be better to just accept that according to the CG, my boat is a year older than it really is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.