SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
A couple of years ago we replaced all of the 35-year-old incandescent dome lights in our saloon with LED dome lights. The bright lights made a huge improvement in the living conditions down below and the shiny stainless steel domes looked good, too. But within a year, we noticed that the lights were getting dimmer. Some of the individual LED elements are no longer lighting up. One light has failed completely. If I remove the lens and press on the circuit board, I can get some of the diodes to light up intermittently. Pretty disappointing considering the amount of money we spent on them. This lesson reinforces the OP's message that not all LED lights are created equal. I haven't noticed any issues with radio interference but I'd bet there is a correlation between RFI and poor product quality overall.

BTW, I can't remember off the top of my head who the manufacturer was but it was a brand-name, domestic supplier. We bought them from a vendor at the Miami Boat Show.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.