SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy!

I recently moved to Kure Beach to be near the ocean. I love the beach but after being here 6 months I'm not sure there is much access to the kind of sailing I want.

I am looking to buy my own boat next year and intend to relocate again, this time to the MHC/New Bern area for better sailing.

Please say hello, and share where you live, what kind of boat you have and where you love to sail. I really want to connect to the local sailing community and find some friendly salties. :cool:

Sea ya!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome. IMO the Neuse River, Pamlico Sound, MHC area has a great mix of sailing options. Wide river , huge sound, access to Outer Banks and off shore via a class A inlet in MHC. After almost 10 yrs and 10,000 miles under the keel I still enjoy coming back and exploring my back yard.
Dan S/V Marian Claire

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. IMO the Neuse River, Pamlico Sound, MHC area has a great mix of sailing options. Wide river , huge sound, access to Outer Banks and off shore via a class A inlet in MHC. After almost 10 yrs and 10,000 miles under the keel I still enjoy coming back and exploring my back yard.
Dan S/V Marian Claire
My limited knowledge of the area tells me the same. I was through there many moons ago on a snowbird trip down the ICW and remember liking it very much. Seems like a much better home base than the Wilmington area.Thanks for the confirmation. I also like that there is access to the beach for non-sailing days.

Christine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if there are any sailing clubs local to Carolina Beach or the MHC/Beaufort area that I can join and have access to some boats. I believe there is one in Southport but it's not terribly convenient to get to. I'd like to get out on the water even before I buy my own boat.

I would also consider crewing for anyone that needs a competent deckhand, helmsmen or host for day sailing or charters.

Any and all opportunities to get underway would be considered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts