SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is with great pleasure (and coordinated with the moderators) that I announce that Jimmy Cornell will attend the Annapolis Boat Show.

Jimmy Cornell and his new S/V Aventura at the Annapolis Boat Show

In preparation for his circumnavigation with the Blue Planet Odyssey round the world rally, Jimmy Cornell completed this summer a grueling test of his new Aventura, an Exploration 45 aluminum centerboard yacht built by Garcia Yachting in France. An 8500 mile North Atlantic voyage took him from London to Greenland, the Northwest Passage in Arctic Canada, and on to Annapolis in time for this year's Boat Show. Jimmy and his daughter Doina made most of the trip together. Anyone interested in this revolutionary cruising boat, conceived by Jimmy Cornell as "a boat for all seas and all seasons", is welcome to meet Jimmy on board Aventura exhibited in Annapolis by Garcia Yachting and Swiftsure Yachts. Jimmy is offering the opportunity for "Cocktails with Jimmy" at the Port Annapolis Pavilion at 7pm on Friday 10 October and Saturday 11 October where he will narrate a photographic perspective on his high latitude experiences. Doors open at 6pm. Parking is available. Please plan to meet with Jimmy at Port Annapolis. Tickets will be $20 US; hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar (wine and beer) will be available.

Tickets are available at the door. Pre-bookings will be available at Cornell Sailing Events & Publications shortly.

I've seen Jimmy speak a number of times. He is a wonderful engaging speaker and an outstanding sailor. I'm proud to call him my friend. His works, public and otherwise exemplify cruisers helping cruisers. Please come join us at Port Annapolis on Saturday or Sunday during the Annapolis Sailboat Show.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,348 Posts
Looking forward to it Dave! As we discussed, let me know how I can help, I'm not to bad at cooking, sailing either :) LOL

Very exciting, I cant wait...I have cleared my schedule from Wednesday through Monday except Thursday, I have a class.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
John and I are attending on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: davidh52

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Jimmy Cornell had some fascinating stories of his adventures and he's a very charismatic speaker. John and I really enjoyed this event and to anyone who has the chance we recommend hearing him speak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts