SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Barquito
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this happens all time, but, I bet there are some pretty freaky-deeky waves at that frontal boundry. If the map isn't in motion, the wind is going almost opposite directions on either side.

Attachments

·
Barquito
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I think windy.com recently added a route planner that goes at boat speeds. You can scroll through the table, and see what the forecast is at that time according to your anticipated speed. And, no, I'm not planning that trip unless I get a plane ticket, or two.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Gotta love the Great Lakes and the fronts that go through them! My friend and I were once sailing our boat downwind with the spinnaker full on a nice Lake Huron day commenting on the nice spinnaker run the boat headed directly toward us was having. Somehow in the relaxed sunny moment of that day, it wasn't until the boat was almost upon us when we realized that we BOTH couldn't be sailing downwind in opposite directions! Needless to say we had a serious spinnaker incident before we could jump up and do anything about it. Quite surprised the rig stayed on the boat...

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Almost any weather will be good if you have enough boat experience. Although in an obvious storm, even if you are a super-pro, it is better not to go out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts