SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am currently 18 years old and a freshman in college attending the University of Mississippi, but planning on transferring to a Maritime Academy. I have a 1983 Catalina 22 and sail on the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay. I have also crewed on a 34' Beneteau on the bay when in the Scouts on a 3 day passage, and a day trip on a 1967 Trintella 35 on the Bay.

I also worked as a deckhand and performed minor maitenence for the Potomac Riverboat Company (www.potomacriverboatco.com). I worked extensively on 2 100 ton boats (Mathew Hayes and the Miss Christin) operating in ferry transportation up and down the river. I also worked on a 25 ton boat that engaged in Harbour tours (Admiral Tilp)

I am an Eagle Scout, and have taken the US Power and Sail squadrons basic boating course and passed a proctored exam. Also, I am planning to get my SCTW certification this December in Florida at International Yacht Training in Fort Lauderdale.

I am seeking some Coastal or Offshore sailing experience this summer between June 1 to August 1. Please let me know if you could use me or know someone that could. I am willing to pay for my travel and food expenses as well.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spencer,

I'm doing some coastal cruising in New England this coming summer and am always looking for crew. Send me a PM with contact info and we can discuss if you wish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts