SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time member but been away for a while ..... mainly working and racing.

So 10 months ago I started a non profit called go-sail.org. It's mission is give kids and challenged individuals the opportunity to get out on the water and experience sailing. Since starting this organization I have had 7 opportunities for donated boats. I picked up the first one which is a Coronado 25 that I currently have for sale, turned down 5 boats, and finally took this Columbia 34 Mark 2 that is sitting down on the Sacramento river.

She appears to be in good shape. Will find out 3rd weekend in February when I fly down and pick her up. Going to inspect her thoroughly, and motor her out in to the bay and over to St. Francis were I will take my US Sailing regional certification. Then at the end of the weekend take her over to one of the anchor areas and anchor her up for a few weeks till I can come back down with a crew and deliver her up the coast to Portland, OR.

I think I am nuts :eek:

But nothing like a free boat. She has a fairly new rebuilt diesel, new keel bolts with aluminum channel, and from photos doesn't appear to be in to bad a shape. I just worry about the growth so I may hire a guy to scrub her before I take her up the coast.

Attachments

·
Senior Moment Member
13,306 Posts
I think I'd wait more than a few weeks before attempting the "Graveyard of the Pacific" in it. The depth of winter is no time to be sailing up that coast in an old Columbia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.