SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
The Comet 460 is a high quality sailboat built by Comar between 1987 to 1993 and designed by Finot, 122 boats were made. The boat is an evolution of a previous model also by Finot the 13 (same hull, keel and rig). 54 Comet 13 were made.

It was an advanced well built, well designed and fast boat for his time and also a popular one.

Diaro di bordo

Diaro di bordo

Regarding information on an older boat eventual problems, these guys have a blog. I don't know if they are still around:

Despina | Our Yacht

If you are in Europe I would recommend a survey by the shipyard surveyor (not more expensive) that is working for Comar for many years and will know about all possible problems on that boat and how to fix them. If you want to do that send me a PM. That is the guy that takes care of my boat a 2007 Comet 41s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you PCP
That's very helpful just had a survey done. I'm going ahead with purchase. I need to buy some new sails do you no where I can find info on sail measurements?

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Thank you PCP
That's very helpful just had a survey done. I'm going ahead with purchase. I need to buy some new sails do you no where I can find info on sail measurements?
Try here:

GESTI NAUTICA - CONTATTI

Ask to Luca Marziale.

since you are going to have a Comet maybe you will be interested in a bit of history:

'+'

Regards

Paulo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts