1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, I love it how there is nothing to suggest that routes will be changed by advertisers but that it's the big draw for the article. :rolleyes:

Like most of the issues with Google Glass in the original thread, it takes a lot of postulation to get from "in-car advertising" to "cars will reroute you past advertisers' businesses". Makes for a diverting puff-piece up until you actually think about the scenario being presented.

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
If it's anything like most of the the ads that google and this site seem to put up, it'll be more like
"Hot Russian housewives want to meet you
3655NM, 265Deg"

·
Registered
392 Posts
If it's anything like most of the the ads that google and this site seem to put up, it'll be more like
"Hot Russian housewives want to meet you
3655NM, 265Deg"
Often those ads are specific to your browsing habbits. :laugher

Reactions: capt vimes

·
Dirt Free
2,757 Posts
Google is way behind Raymarine .... My son and I delivered a large express cruiser from Toronto to Duluth MN. tied up for the night we turned on the giant Plasma to watch a football game. We found a console in the settee arm and played around with it we found that with split screens we could watch two football games and the chartplotter and autopilot through the TV. There were cameras all over the boat so we could also see the engine room, off the stern, port, starboard and bow.

You could actually run the boat while watching the game down below .... you just know someone is going to try it one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts