SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired up the volvo after the turbo rebuild over the winter. Rough start but ran perfect after a few minutes. Expected
Put fresh water in one tank and flushed water system.
Washed entire cabin and rubbed down all teak w/ Murphys.
Switched on fridge.
Everything is working!
Bring on the season!
Jim

·
Registered
25,123 Posts
It has been the worst winter and slowest spring commissioning I can recall in a long, long time. We splashed on this date last year! This year, I haven't even gotten under the cover or replaced the zincs yet. I hope to splash in about 10 days, but the weather has really been tough lately. I'm hoping we get some reprieve soon. Absolutely pouring rain today.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Splash on May 8th if i can fix all the minor boat issues. I have to wait for the canal to open on May 1st anyways. Barring spring floods; i should be able to go. Can't wait.

Still snow piles around all the boats here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All
Well up here in Nova Scotia at this very minute it is freezing rain and then more rain for tomorrow.
"Nanna" is still tarped over and it does not look good for next week either.
But I live in hope, as do we all.
I usually splash around the long weekend of May, late I know, but such is a sailors life on Canada's east coast.
Best to you all Anthony

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the commissioning. Still snow around the boat on the hard in Maine. I have been inside to do some seacock work and rebuilt the head (better now than in the summer), but no hope for outside work for a while.

·
Dirt Free
3,034 Posts
Fired up the volvo after the turbo rebuild over the winter. Rough start but ran perfect after a few minutes. Expected
Put fresh water in one tank and flushed water system.
Washed entire cabin and rubbed down all teak w/ Murphys.
Switched on fridge.
Everything is working!
Bring on the season!
Jim
Sorry to inform you ... season has been cancelled due to Global Cooling.

·
Old soul
5,174 Posts
Oh man ... we won't be until June at this rate. I can't even get to our boat yet b/c of all the snow.

I just flew over Lake Superior and of what I saw (crossing from White Fish Bay to Thunder Bay) it is still mostly frozen. I've never seen it like this in 15+ years of flying over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts