SailNet Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Moe:
:)
I am currently in the process of adding all the bells and whistles to my new 49 before I put her in the water in a few weeks. I added 10 extra 110 sockets, 4 tv's, X box to keep the peanut gallery quiet, a range hood over the stove and an extra 5000 GPH auxiliary bilge pump. I have personally checked every hose clamp and filter on the boat. I put 5 extra CO2 extinguishers and an EPIRB onboard. I checked the steering components and both A/C units. All electronics are functioning normally.

Is there anyting else that I may have forgotten? I would appreciate any input. I feel it is always easier to check all the systems while on the hard before putting the boat in the water. This 2009 49 has made the trip from N.J. to Annapolis and back for the boat show without any problems.

Thanks,

Big Moe

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sounds like you have pretty much everything covered and CONGRATS. If you have room on the foredeck, you might go ahead and add the 16 inchers!:D

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Might want some dry chem fire extinguishers to complement the CO2 ones. In open areas, the CO2 ones don't work quite so well... they tend to work best in a confined, enclosed environment.

A fire blanket is a good thing to have near the galley, as it can often deal with small galley fires faster and more cleanly than fire extinguishers can.

What do you have for ground tackle???
Primary anchor? Rode? Secondary anchor? Rode? Windlass?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Brian

It's a Beneteau not a Catalina.:eek:

Congratulation on your new boat Big Meo, Happy sailing.:)
Thats correct, us with French boats use "Rotisseries"

Please get your terms correct Brian!

Besides, that boat probably has a built in one in the galley!

Enjoy the new boat!

marty

·
Abysmally Stupid
497 Posts
Big Moe,

Congrats on the boat.

One gadget I would consider is AIS.

I discovered that the PO had installed AIS on my boat (the broker did not know, it wasn't in the listing specs). AIS can be pretty cool if you sail in an area with lots of commercial traffic such as the lower Chesapeake.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Jacklines?
Tethers?
Lots of comfortable life jackets?
Ship's bell for signaling in fog? (Required since you're over 10 meters)
Courtesy flags?
Halyards on the spreaders for hoisting flags?

Congratulations!

David

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Are you saying he's Beneteau's answer to CruisingDad???

:laugher:laugher:laugher
Dog,
"What do you have for ground tackle??? Primary anchor? Rode? Secondary anchor? Rode? Windlass?"

Lets see, 4 tv's, an xbox and added more 110 outlets than I have in the damn condo...

And you're thinking he's casting off from shore power?

if he is, he might wanna look at one of these to provide juice....
http://www.cat.com/cda/components/securedFile/displaySecuredFileServletJSP?x=7&fileId=318778

1 - 19 of 19 Posts