SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,848 Posts
Quick question...

What is your local rate for a compound polish and wax. Per foot. I got a guy who will do it for $20 a foot but unsure if that is a good rate or not. It includes all deck and above waterline hull.

Thanks.
If it is done right, which is at a minimum a three step process, compound, polish & wax $20.00 per foot is a steal. I don't include the deck when i say that that is for hull only done right.

Perhaps 90% of the people wheeling boats out there don't do it right though so depending on how your guy does it $20.00 per ft could still be a rip off too...

·
Super Moderator
6,848 Posts
Big thing about hiring someone with a power buffer is they can damage the gel coat when they use the buffer on the wax application. How that happens is they overheat area they are working on trying to get the best shine. So be careful on who you hire and get references.
Yep compounding, polishing and waxing is more of an art than a skill or job. Most are clueless! You want a good finish find someone who has been to Dupont, Imron or Awlgrip finishing school/training.

The use of ONE pad is a sure sign this guy is a hack. A one pad trained monkey is barely worth $3.00 per foot...;);)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.