SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
solo sailor
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sailing techies…I had NavTreck V.7 working on 32 bit that worked great for all my copied CD charts…My new computer is 64 bit so not working…and most navigation programs I could find are proprietary charts…I have much of the world already on CDs am circumnavigating now…using G2 for Garmin but prefer planning on computer. Any help much appreciated..
Thanks Christopher

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi sailing techies…I had NavTreck V.7 working on 32 bit that worked great for all my copied CD charts…My new computer is 64 bit so not working…and most navigation programs I could find are proprietary charts…I have much of the world already on CDs am circumnavigating now…using G2 for Garmin but prefer planning on computer. Any help much appreciated..
Thanks Christopher
Try running it in compatibility mode. That may solve your issues. Right click on program icon and select the Compatibility tab. Choose Windows XP(Sp3).

Also, you can purchase Garmin's Homeport application for planning using your Garmin G2 cards. It costs $30. It runs fine on my x64 Windows laptop.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/trip-planning/homeport-/prod64242.html

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
You might try this.

Reactions: jerryRiggin

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with PBzeer, Fugawi has some good stuff.
We use Navionics, both chips and the app (we have it on all our phones and tablets). You can purchase different sections of the world and they have sonar data updated daily so that the charts are really up to date and accurate. Here's an example:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts