SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
I met a couple in Warderick Wells, Exumas, Bahamas a few weeks ago that were cruising on their Telstar. They were actively seeking fiberglass cloth and epoxy. We gave them a big bunch of epoxy and someone else gave them cloth. Apparently, one of their ama support structures was pulling apart after a bunch of decent seas (and the fact that they had heavily raced their tri before cruising) and they needed to reglass it. I'm hoping they made it back to the states OK - it seemed pretty structural in nature.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
It was the 28. I have their boat card on our boat I think, but I'm back in the real world for 3 days. What a trip up from Georgetown... Georgetown to Eleuthera to Nassau to Washington DC to Albany. Our autopilot is having problems so I took the control unit back with me. I had to go through customs and security carrying it - definitely raised a lot of eyebrows. I didn't carry it in a bag or anything and had to put it through metal detectors. "Ummm... what is that?" all of the X-Ray people were asking...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.