SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sailor of Small Waters
112 Posts
Your main sheet rigging looks almost identical to the one on the Vagabond 14 I just bought. You can compare the block setup here: Untitled Document (refer to the H1-14 Boom drawing.)

You can also read the original assembly manual here: Hobie Holder 14 - Assemby Instructions for notes on how it's rigged. Pages 6 and 7 cover the mainsheet and traveller, I think.

The main difference is that the outhaul on mine is caught in a jam cleat on the aft end of the boom, not tied to an eye. I think it would work to tie off to an eye on the boom, but you'd have to have some way on the mast-end of the boom to adjust sail tension - like a jam cleat or something.

I think. I'm still new to this whole sailing gig.

·
Sailor of Small Waters
112 Posts
My 14 has a standing pulley with a cleat on a pivot for the mainsheet, but it's mounted at the back of the centerboard trunk, aft of the centerboard, not at the mast step. Probably 24" aft of the step, total.

EDIT: Ha! I actually watched the video this time. You can see a similar thing aft of the centerboard there too. Looks like the mast-step pully is unrigged on that boat as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.