SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Jeffrey
33 Posts
Reaction score
Spirit 1969 Morgan 34

Yep - I have a Morgan, The lay out is different than the one you are looking at. We have two quarter Berths, and galley is on starboard. It is a great sailboat for small family. The layout below gives us a lot of room for a 34 and the cockpit is roomy as well. The large deck also gives us some space for kids.

The survey went well and the hull was solid. A new engine was put in about 5 years ago by a prior owner. I did some work on the head, seacocks and centerboard pulley. but all works. The head is small....

The boat is easy to sail and the tiller is fine. She is not terribly fast but has very little weather helm when trimmed right. I am not sure that I would go off shore with her, but the chesapeake is fine. I think she sails fine.. Charlie Morgan has a web site and before I bought mine I emailed him with a question...he emailed back a day later. Morgan 34's look great on the water.

any more specific questions please let me know...I have some pictures but I am not sure how to upload..I can try if you like...Good Luck

· Jeffrey
33 Posts
Reaction score
A wild guess and I mean wild w/ out looking..if everything works enough to sail, you say sitting on the hard for 3 years so my visual is not great, but 15 to 20k...now what is the owner asking ?

My morgan in very good condition, in todays market might be worth 25, there are some for sale on Yachtworld check it out...best Jeff

· Jeffrey
33 Posts
Reaction score
Sounds like she might need some work. If you need info email Charlie Morgan

The MORGAN YACHT CONNECTION he has helped many people with old Morgans.

At that price, it might need some work. Where do you plan to sail ? I have found that my kids can understand the simple rigging and enjoy the room. I have virtually no electronics and the boat is very easy to maintain.

I am sailing this weekend on the CB

Good luck

· Jeffrey
33 Posts
Reaction score
Hey Sea Treasure - I have a 69 Morgan, Spirit in the Wye River, We love the boat. Had some good sailing this year...when are you coming to St. Mikes?...Do you know of other Morgans in the CB...

Amundsun 72 Did you get your boat yet ? We did put a waste tank under the forward setee seat. The head is small and I am tall...you will like the boat but it is slim on extras or comforts, under sail handles great.

Best J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.