SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I had been in the market for a Catalina 30 for a while, but now came across a member in my yacht club who is selling his 1981 C&C 32, asking $15k (he bought a larger C&C and only has storage for 1 boat). The boat seems to be in good condition, but does need a new main and new canvas (dodger, sail cover, cushions).
Can anyone tell me about this boat? How is C&C vs Catalina? Any problems to look for? How does she sail? And is this a good price?
Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
They go for twice that where I come from in Canada and as they are canadian made very popular here and compares well against the Catalina. I have friends with both these boats roughly the same age and both are good boats good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest you take a look at:

cncphotoalbum.com

Everything you would want to know about C&C and more including original designer comments and photos. In central Canada C&C reaches almost "cult" status. Hugely popular.

Dave

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have owned a 81 C&C 32 for 4 years now. I race and cruise mine and she does each very well. She will easily beat any Catalina 30 on the water. She is a very well built, solid, fast boat that sails like a dream. I single hand mine all the time during the week but on race days I take a crew of 8. Handles both tasks easily!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I Just Paid $35k for mine 2 months ago. It has dockside air and someother upgrades but the boat is well built and sails like a dream. At 15k steal it! Good luck. - Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts