SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and sailing but, I have many years at sea on ships and boats of all sizes in the Navy. I'm searching for a live aboard to do some long distance cruising. Two boats high on my list, at the moment, are a Gozzard 44 and a Gozzard 37. I'm interested to hear from prior owners and experiences with these boats (especially how they handle under sail (balance/heave-to), maintenance, long-term comfort, etc.) and anything I should be paying particular attention to when looking at these vessels. I'm planning to single hand and I would like to be as self sustaining as possible, i.e. make water, recharge batteries without a generator or engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks cape. That's the kind of information I'm looking for. The styling is definitely to my taste. I love those classic lines and I think the interior layout is a brilliant use of space. I have definitely checked out the Bayfield/Gozzard history. Very interesting. As for sail handling, I appreciate your feedback, it should be even better with their later hull designs.

Hi cole, I hear you on the maintenance but, I comfortable with the amount of brightwork on the later Gozzards. The tankage can really vary based on what the original owner ordered. I've seen numbers all over the place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts