SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I''m close to buying my first sailboat. I''m
looking for something in the 22-26'' range for
weekend cruising, between $6,000-8,000 US, to be sailed on Lake Ontario. I''ll be single handing 75% of the time, and want something manageable and relatively stable in different weather conditions (I have some experience on 28-33'' sloops, but I''m very rusty). I want this boat to help teach me the principles I''ll need to move up to something more ambitious in another 5 years.
The Contessa 26 caught my eye recently -- it looks like it would satisfy all my criteria. Does anyone have experience with this boat, or know of any serious flaws I should be aware of? Have also been looking at Tanzer 7.5s, and Shark 24s.
Much obliged,
Fraser

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jack and Jeff
The feedback here and on Usenet has validated my choice. I''m not looking for a racer, so I''m ok with a slower ride on a Contessa. Sounds like it will be a good boat to learn on, if my long-term goal is to move up to something larger for offshore cruising.

Thanks again guys.

Fraser

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.