SailNet Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SD,

Thanks for the reply. I have read your informative post and have a the ct33 moisture meter. I have looked at a lot of boats in my life and think I have a pretty good eye for problems.

The Canadian Sailcraft 36t although a great success is a new boat to me. I
have found that even the finest boats with the best reputations have some issue that seems to show up over time. I was wondering if any current or past Cs36t owners have found any "what where they thinking" problems with thier boats.

I recently have driven many miles to look at some boats that the brokers and or owners are just bold faced lying about. There sure is a lot of junk out there, but I know in this economy a cash buyer can do pretty well. So my search goes on.

pkilty

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
iirc, several members have CS 36Ts here. Sailingfool and Maine Sail come to mind. Get a few more posts and then PM them.
SD,

Thanks for the reply. I have read your informative post and have a the ct33 moisture meter. I have looked at a lot of boats in my life and think I have a pretty good eye for problems.

The Canadian Sailcraft 36t although a great success is a new boat to me. I
have found that even the finest boats with the best reputations have some issue that seems to show up over time. I was wondering if any current or past Cs36t owners have found any "what where they thinking" problems with thier boats.

I recently have driven many miles to look at some boats that the brokers and or owners are just bold faced lying about. There sure is a lot of junk out there, but I know in this economy a cash buyer can do pretty well. So my search goes on.

pkilty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I am the co-owner of a Contessa 35 which we sail out of Kingston on Lake Ontario. We have had her for 5 years and are slowly fixing, upgrading and replacing things as well as sailing her as much as our short summers permit. She is a joy to sail -muscular(if you can use that adjective to describe a boat), balanced, solid and fast. A real thoroughbred. I'm not sure about singlehanding though, if that's in your plans. Possible maybe but neither one of us have ever tried it. The self tailing winches on the boat you are looking at are a huge plus -we don't have them and wish we did but can't afford the substantial cost in replacing our original equipment. Good luck in your search.
Do you still own the Contessa 35 and are you interested in selling?​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I am the co-owner of a Contessa 35 which we sail out of Kingston on Lake Ontario. We have had her for 5 years and are slowly fixing, upgrading and replacing things as well as sailing her as much as our short summers permit. She is a joy to sail -muscular(if you can use that adjective to describe a boat), balanced, solid and fast. A real thoroughbred. I'm not sure about singlehanding though, if that's in your plans. Possible maybe but neither one of us have ever tried it. The self tailing winches on the boat you are looking at are a huge plus -we don't have them and wish we did but can't afford the substantial cost in replacing our original equipment. Good luck in your search.

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,911 Posts
Do you still own the Contessa 35 and are you interested in selling?​
The Contessa 35 is a slightly extended transom version of the prototypical IOR Peterson 34. If that early IOR design concept interests you, Peterson 34's from various manufacturers are much more common than the comparatively rare Contessa 35 version and most of the Peterson 34's versions had equal or better build quality and are easier to maintain.

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you still have the Contessa 35 and would you consider selling??
THANKS.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts