SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 5069 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lajimo - close, but not quite :). I'll give you a hint - both this place and New Orleans are located in the same hemisphere of the same planet.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knothead - no, not (yet). But you are correct in that the picture was taken on an uninhabited island looking approximately west-northwest toward a larger inhabited island just barely visible in the top right of the picture.

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
The Hebrides or maybe the Faroes?

Reactions: Lady Of Knock

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The Galapagos are a bit closer, but still over 2000 miles away, so it isn't quite it. The temperatures are a lot warmer than in the Hebrides or Faroes and the sparse vegation is due to being on the leeward side of the island.

The whole island is a national park / nature preserve and there are some rare plants on the island. The bay in the picture is the only anchorage on the island and is quite protected.

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
Ile Forchue west of St. Barts.

·
19,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It's Ile Fourchue, NW of St. Barts, as T37SOLARE indicated. It looks a lot greener in this picture than I remember. St. Martin is the inhabited island to the north.

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
Here's a place that's a bit more populated

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
That's an interesting thread:)

Maybe I can purpose some rules?: The one that win and discover the place will have to continue the game posting another place to discover.

Leads should be provided related to guesses, right or wrong. Each post deserves an answer from the one that is leading the game...and that is T37 Solare now;).

Well, I would say that is on the med?

1 - 20 of 5069 Posts