SailNet Community banner

2021 - 2040 of 5069 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Martin's Marina is near Coot Bay so are we somewhere on the Okeechobee Waterway ?

·
19,489 Posts
Looks un-Australian.... Western Europe?? ;)

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Oh yes, very un Australian indeed. Your WE guess is narrowing it down..

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,036
tdw's picture is an awesome one! It contains a number of clues (which I can see but not identify) that makes sleuthing possible even for those without any idea of the location; this is the type of picture that makes the thread interesting to follow.

- What looks like inland locks, but the LS AA 3 rescue ship looks a bit overdone for inland waters.
- Deep locks, so a very tidal area
- grass growing on the ground leads one to think that this is a permanent display and no longer used, as do the wooden stairs.
- Background looks like the hills of central Germany
- Streets signs are european standard, but look French or German
- Looks like a very big sailing vessel in the background, with a deep keel so this is probably not central Germany.

So many clues but I have no idea where this could be... Perfect picture for this thread.

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
They drive on the wrong side of the road by the looks of the red van.

I'd think its Splatsharven, Lichtenstein. It's their only deep sea port. That's why there's no water. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

·
19,489 Posts
I think it's a boatyard museum of some sort...the two boats in the foreground are clearly on permanent display, but can't match it to the significant Maritime Museum at Lisbon... But I think we're in that neck of the woods..

Nice to see you pop in, Zanshin!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,040
Faster - I've been following the thread since it was resurrected, but had nothing to add. I still have nothing to add, but posted anyway.

I believe it is western europe. Must be oceanic and tidal due to boat types and draft and depth of channel. I believe I saw that type of electrical overhead pylons/towers a lot in France so I'll narrow it down to that country (plus that van looks a bit like a Citroen).

I would enjoy a hint...

2021 - 2040 of 5069 Posts