SailNet Community banner

4001 - 4020 of 5069 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,002 (Edited)
That rock... it isn't Creole Rock in Grand Case, or Ile Fourchue, or Colombier. Those moorings look like they have pendants, which would cut out the French Islands. I don't believe it is Antigua and not Dominica so we are left with something south of Martinique if we are in the Caribbean. That picture must have been carefully cropped so there is probably something quite distinctive in the missing part.

Is the catamaran a Sunsail or Moorings one or a private vessel?

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
I'm guessing that this is in the vicinity of St. Maarten?
yes, in the vicinity

That picture must have been carefully cropped so there is probably something quite distinctive in the missing part.

Is the catamaran a Sunsail or Moorings one or a private vessel?
no cropping, just the way i framed that picture, and nothing of particular import has been left out. as for the cat, i believe it was a charter

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,008 (Edited)
donjuanluis - that Panoramio picture is indeed from one my fly-by sails, but I never anchored or moored there because the conditions were always too much swell; so I really did not recognize that rock and thus the honor of choosing the next picture goes to you, as you really did earn it and nobody was holding back!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,010
I don't even know where to start looking for this lighthouse or port and it would seem that nobody else on this thread can hazard a guess either. I think it is time to ask for a hint of some type to help identify the pictures.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry for the delay, work is giving me a busy time!
This port is in a River big as a sea. In historic time, spanish, english and portuguese kingdoms fought for the posession of the lands around.
You can also name the town.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The river I'm talking about is a common resource for two countries, it also serves as waterway to communicate their capitals cities. The port in question is half way between them.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Didn't the Colonia paper mill ever get built ?

Ok ... how about Frey Bentos ? (whoops that's the pie maker ....) Fray Bentos is the place.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Fray Bentos is not, but it has a very big paper mill near by. Because of that paper mill Argentina and Uruguay went to International Court of Justice, and the people of Argentina had been against of it since ever. Long long story. By the way, Fray Bentos is upstream in Rio Uruguay.

4001 - 4020 of 5069 Posts