SailNet Community banner

1401 - 1420 of 5069 Posts

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
Can we rule out volcanic islands? It looks like mainland with all that weathered granite. Is Thailand getting closer?

·
HANUMAN
2,836 Posts
Lamai Beach-Grandfather and Grandmother Rock?
I'll give it to you, but that's not the name I was looking for. :laugher

The locals call it "Hin ta, Hin yai"

Either way, I'm glad someone was not afraid to get all phallic. If you google Phallic rock formations (or something of the like) the pics will come up pretty quick, along with some other impressive ones ;)

Anyway, I had a couple more pics uploaded to photobucket so I'll post them. It's a great spot and the Reggae Bar just up from the little beach is a must.

Suck in that gut boys:

My good friend and his wife:

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
Larsen's it is. I can remember the days when the big sword boats would come in and unload fish all day long and lean the swords along the buildings.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Menemsha was one of the first places I checked, but I didn't get the right angle to include the houses on shore. It had to be a place that didn't have a large tidal range and was on the genteel side, with the mix of work and recreational boats, and shoreside in very good repair. I even came back to Menemsha and tried to get the right angle on GE. I've even been to Larsen's!

Once Jon nailed it, I went back, and there, under my GE nose was:
Panoramio - Photo of Menemsha Harbor 1

Good work, Jon!

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts

·
Tundra Down
1,290 Posts
We have never been to "The Vineyard". We must get out more. Of Maine that is. It's tough to sail past all the friends and harbors headed west or have the time to get beyond Boston. We will fix that when the Admiral retires.

Down

·
19,489 Posts
Next one...

That's going to be hard to find.... Odd.. the Photobucket link is there, but the picture is not....

here it is via my account:

1401 - 1420 of 5069 Posts