SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blocks that I found on my recently purchased boat are spring stop bit my genoa genoa track does not have holes for pin stop. Is there a way to use or convert pin stop to screw stop? I could use the $180 bill for a set of new stand up screw stop genoa/jib blocks elsewhere right now.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The blocks that I found on my recently purchased boat are spring stop bit my genoa genoa track does not have holes for pin stop. Is there a way to use or convert pin stop to screw stop? I could use the $180 bill for a set of new stand up screw stop genoa/jib blocks elsewhere right now.
Could be both easier and better to convert to towable genoa cars?

Barton Marine - Tech Info - T Track and Genoa cars - Fitting Towable T Track
You don't need a 1:2, could work fine with a small block at the forward end of the track.

Any picture of the block?

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
Genoa cars - in either case, pin or screw stop, you'll need holes in your track. There's too much lateral pull on those cars to screw it down and it to hold securely.

Can you post a picture of your current track? Drilling holes will usually work just fine, I use a center punch and good metal drill bits.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,238 Posts
Spring stop or screw stop traveler cars are a PITA because they are nearly impossible to move while under load.
We added a teak block to either side of our traveler track. On top of each block we put some small blocks & a cam cleat. The traveler is now adjustable under load and uses no spring stop at all.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
+1 on going with adjustable cars. You end up actually adjusting them rather than putting up with poor jib/ genny shape. Use a hank of shock cord to pull them back. Allows you adjust lazy sheet/car. This way even when single handed never need to leave cockpit to have good sail shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts