SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi folks. i have a jib. it was free and it is in new condition. a bit dirty but the sailcloth is still paper crisp. but, it's hank on. i want rollerfurling. i live in the baltimore annapolis area. i am looking for a reasonably priced loft to convert the sail for roller furling. i have talked to bacon's about it, before, and they really just want to sell you a new sail.

as hoping someone might know of a reasonable loft around here that i could contact. thanks.

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out postings at marinas. We found a woman who used to work at a sail loft, she now does sail repair part time out of her house.
my marina doesn't have any postings like that. i could make the rounds to the other local marinas. where would you usually look for postings like that? that's exactly the kind of person that would be perfect for this.

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harken also sells snap shackles that mount directly to the furler and don't require sail modifications. Soft shackles can also be used.
i ill have to look into that.

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adding the uv cover does seem to be the expensive part of the conversion. perhaps, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to remove the sail when not sailing. at least for now. it only takes a few minutes to hank one on. folding it to stow it takes longer than hanking it on.

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The marina we are at has a bulletin board where you can post your services, your business card, boats or boat items for sale.
cool. i ill have to check around some different marinas and check their bulletin boards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.