SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sailing I love to cook and have been experimenting w/ my pressure cooker. I''m making some fantastic dinners in it and the crew raves over the dishes. I''m in search of cookbooks that feature meals specifically for underway. I have one cookbook that I love. It''s easy to read, gives great tips, uses ingredients that are commonly used. It''s "pressure cooking for everyone" by Rick Rodgers and Arlene Ward. Does anyone else have a favorite cookbook w/ recipies that uses the pressure pot while underway?

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Dirigo...

I don't have any recommendations on "Pressure Cooker Recipes" - but is this chick hot or what?

·
Catalina 36 Liveaboard
23 Posts
We use Pressure Perfect by Lorna Sass. We also use Gourmet Underway by Robbie Johnson.
+1 for Lorna Sass. The Whole Chicken with Dried Figs and Pum Sauce will make your tastebuds dance and sing. I have never had a bad recipe from her.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'd point out that Smacky is replying to a thread that is NINE YEARS OLD... so of probably not much value to the OP.

One of the best resources online for pressure cooker recipes is Miss Vickie's website.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
I knew it was an old post! just wanted to see if yall would follow LOL <sneaks away>

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
I like Lorna Sass' books also, and agree that Pressure Perfect is the best of the lot.

Miss Vickie's web site is oft cited but doesn't turn out to be very useful to me. A good number of the recipes require a fee and the overview information is somewhat tortured.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think that rule on old threads got buried in a stack of.. um.. old threads...

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
Don't fight it. It's fun.

Who are you calling a cut and paste sailor, pal? I'm easily up to the cheesy clipart standard by now.
We've all seen posts - sometimes word for word but often rephrased straight from the usual sources (Voyager's Handbook, Chapman's, etc) presented as the opinion or knowledge of the poster without citing the source, often by posters who don't have the experience to understand the context of the published advice or the ability to comprehend the appropriateness of applying the published information to the matter at hand.

That is a cut and paste sailor.

In no way does that apply to someone who quotes from or points to a cited source and especially not to someone who compares and contrasts various published sources with his or her own experience, thoughts, rationale, or opinion.

Rather than get cranky about posters quoting from books they don't understand without admitting they are taking the words of others as their own I decided on a more general admonition.

Clear? *grin*

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
humph.i guess i'm the only gourmet spam connoisseur here,you got your fried spam,sliced spam,spam sandwiches without bread spam sand.with bread or just wolfed out of the can, yum yum and you never even need to leave the helm,life if good,some day i may tell you about jam sandwiches

·
Registered
208 Posts
spam gumbo, spam and sour sauce, spam fried shrimp.. yup, bubba, you gots all kinds of spam.

:)

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
We've all seen posts - sometimes word for word but often rephrased straight from the usual sources (Voyager's Handbook, Chapman's, etc) presented as the opinion or knowledge of the poster without citing the source, often by posters who don't have the experience to understand the context of the published advice or the ability to comprehend the appropriateness of applying the published information to the matter at hand.

That is a cut and paste sailor.

In no way does that apply to someone who quotes from or points to a cited source and especially not to someone who compares and contrasts various published sources with his or her own experience, thoughts, rationale, or opinion.

Rather than get cranky about posters quoting from books they don't understand without admitting they are taking the words of others as their own I decided on a more general admonition.

Clear? *grin*
Ohhhhh - that guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts