SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife picked up a pack of quik brite lights at bed bath and beyond for 3 bucks. it has 10 lights in the pack, 2 are a touch style light, the other 8 are little packs with a magnet shut off. ie put em in a cabinet with the magnet on the door ( they have double sided tape on em ) and when the magnet gets far enough away they turn on. the magnet seems to shut them off at about 1 inch of clearance. i will be putting them in all the cabinets on my boat, and plan to pick up more. the only real problem is they take 3 lr44 batteries which cost 5 bucks per 3, thats why i plan to get more its cheaper to replace the whole light then the batteries. i have no idea how long the batteries will last, but for 3 bucks for 10 buy a few packs and have lots of spares.

normal stuff i have no connection bla bla bla

Bed Bath & Beyond - As Seen on TV Quik-Brite Lights

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I did this last year. At that price, I can do it every year. They are nice at night, because you don't have to turn on other lights. You can also put them under the lids of tool boxes and so on...because when do you need to find a certain tool? When it's dark!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a few things that use specialty batteries. There are guys on eBay that sell large lots for cheap; much cheaper than buying carded batteries.

·
Salty
106 Posts
They are perfect for storage and small cubby holes, but, I recently swapped my interior cabin lights with LED...and am not so happy. Granted, the amp draw is much lower but it is just not a pleasant light. It is blueish and stark and not warm and yellowish/amber like the incandescent ones. I feel it is adequate in the v-berth for reading just before lights out but not really suited for the salon after sunset. I have found that replacing strategic lamps with the LEDs and keeping the warmer, incandescent ones in other fixtures, you can have the best of both worlds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts