SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife picked up a pack of quik brite lights at bed bath and beyond for 3 bucks. it has 10 lights in the pack, 2 are a touch style light, the other 8 are little packs with a magnet shut off. ie put em in a cabinet with the magnet on the door ( they have double sided tape on em ) and when the magnet gets far enough away they turn on. the magnet seems to shut them off at about 1 inch of clearance. i will be putting them in all the cabinets on my boat, and plan to pick up more. the only real problem is they take 3 lr44 batteries which cost 5 bucks per 3, thats why i plan to get more its cheaper to replace the whole light then the batteries. i have no idea how long the batteries will last, but for 3 bucks for 10 buy a few packs and have lots of spares.

normal stuff i have no connection bla bla bla

Bed Bath & Beyond - As Seen on TV Quik-Brite Lights

·
Salty
106 Posts
They are perfect for storage and small cubby holes, but, I recently swapped my interior cabin lights with LED...and am not so happy. Granted, the amp draw is much lower but it is just not a pleasant light. It is blueish and stark and not warm and yellowish/amber like the incandescent ones. I feel it is adequate in the v-berth for reading just before lights out but not really suited for the salon after sunset. I have found that replacing strategic lamps with the LEDs and keeping the warmer, incandescent ones in other fixtures, you can have the best of both worlds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.