SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In one of the recent sailing magazines I read about a you tube series. It's called "Untie the Lines". Each webisode is only a few minutes long. It's about a girl from Germany that decides to sell up and sail away. She uploads a new episode every Friday. As someone new to sailing fixing up and old boat I enjoy it. The series starts with her flying to Panama to see the boat shes buying and then with her starting the refit. The sidebar shows episodes are in the 30's or more. I've seen about 14 so far. Nice motivation for noobs like myself. Has a vagabond feel. I'm sure some sailnetters might enjoy this.

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Thanks Salty for pointing this out. Yes, there are a few sail-netters that would enjoy the series.

Smackdaddy pointed us to it a few weeks ago Here on the big freakin' sails thread and many of us have been enjoying it ever since.

Of course, at times, it also makes me want to go back to work and buy a turn-key boat. Pity such a thing doesn't exist....

MedSailor

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've been watching Nike for several months now. When I saw the first one ("suggested" to my by youtube based on my searching and viewing), she had been at it for a couple of months. I couldn't help myself, watched all that she had posted up to that date. It's my second favorite video series, with Chuck and Laura on Cruising Lealea number one by far. Short, if you haven't checked them out, you really should!

Back to Nike (pronounced like Nickie). It's been quite interesting to watch her journey along this path. Don't know that I would ever have the cojones to buy a boat thousands of miles away, which she (apparently) did without seeing it first hand. But she's sticking with it, more power to her!

Now, if Chuck can just get his computer back, and start posting more Lealea, I'll be much happier.

How about it Chuck, any ETA on that thing? :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Really good series. There are lots of lessons learned demonstrated in her well done videos. There was one point several weeks ago when it looked like she was tossing in the towel. But she's hung in there.....a lot longer than I might have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought I was the first one to find that one.. lol.

No matter, it is really cool. Got to give her credit for keeping at it. Given the amount of money she seems to have available to spend though, it's hard to believe she didn't spring for a survey.

Either way, she makes bottom sanding look good!

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Really good series. There are lots of lessons learned demonstrated in her well done videos. There was one point several weeks ago when it looked like she was tossing in the towel. But she's hung in there.....a lot longer than I might have.
Spoken like a fiberglass boat owner! Being a recovering wooden boat owner myself I would have stayed the course! ;)

MedSailor

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the tip on Chuck and Laura...ill check that one out after work.
She inspires me to make a series on my own learning to sail experience. Hmm...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts