SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Ā· Registered
3 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the coolant pump (weeping a ton of water) on a Westerbeke 42B Four and have the new pump and gasket. Do I use something like pentex themostat and water pump goo on both sides of the gasket? Or just use the gasket? Can't find a clear answer -- I am starting to think that either way is fine...

Also I canot find a torque setting. Boat is new to me (the water pump went during the delivery). Normally I would just tighten them down but am trying to start off on the right foot, and trying to be a little more precise...

Laslty (and unrelated) in replacing engine elbow (and other) fittings that screw in such as hose fittings, 45 degree hose barbs etc) do they go straight in or do I use a goo of some kind?

Thanks. This is my first repair for my new boat -- 98 Catalina 380. Got her to the slip Monday and am loving it so far but want to get the engine running si I can go out this weekend...

I have a huge to do list -- this one is the highest then it is an issue with the prop and / or shaft (vibration at full rev and can't get to max rev in reverse), new stuffing box or drippless, a fresh water leak I can't pin down and on and on. But I love it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts