SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Reaction score
I just did a complete sanitary system rebuild. The Groco Head has a rebuild kit you can buy. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you can rebuild in about 4 hours. That includes striping and repainting. If you are replacing the head you really should go ahead and pull the hoses too. The Trident hoses in Hush were on their last leg and we starting to blister. The hose replacement is a bear and having to buy 19 foot of hose expensive. But now that I am done, I am very confident that our head will last.

The last thing I would suggest would be to remove and replace the holding tank cover. The factory installed model is plywood with a thin layer of gelcoat on the poopy side. I replaced with 3/8" plywood with white formica on the inside. I was going to go with starboard but silicone sealant does not like to stick to it.

Anyway, good luck with the head. Nothing is worse than having the Admiral (Wife) upset because she has to tea bag in the ocean.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.