SailNet Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Reaction score
Greetings Mr. Pickering!

Through some internet searching, it is my understanding that you have installed a below deck Garmin Autopilot on your PSC 34...I have Hull #299 made not long after yours...I am hopeful you might offer some assistance as I get ready to do the same. Would you be willing to send me a few pictures of how you mounted the drive unit and any lessons learned/tips? I would be most appreciative! I can be reached at toddoh72(at aol dot com). Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able and willing to provide me in this endeavor!

Sincerely, Todd Hitchins
S/V Eileen PSC 34 #299

· Registered
39 Posts
Reaction score
Just took apart my Groco K today. The web instructions were "good enough", but I'm fairly handy. I see why some people get irritated with this thing, but it appears to be built like a tank. A lazy spring under the flapper is likely the source of the mediocre flushing power, in my case.

· Registered
39 Posts
Reaction score
Haven't reassembled it yet. The collection of parts seemed to be two nearly complete rebuild kits, but each was missing the flapper. I'm in the middle of replacing the hoses as well as the holding tank lid.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.