SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think you're talking about a through-deck fitting. It's one of the items listed in the article linked above, and it's in the picture, but might not be easy to source. Defender and WM have all manner of through-deck cable fittings, and fuel and water fill ports, but zero through-deck hose connectors. RV suppliers have them, but the wrong gender for the garden hose connection.

Easy way is to start with a bulkhead fitting like this:
Watts 3/4 in. x 3/4 in. PVC MPT x FPT bulkhead Union-PL-1872 at The Home Depot, that'll give you a FPT connection on each side. Use a MPT by hose barb adapter on the below deck side, and a MPT x male garden hose adapter on the top side. You can get all of these at HD. If you mount your bulkhead fitting into your chain locker, you can simply remove the garden hose/spray nozzle, and all will be out of sight when not in use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here ya go for a flush mount deck wash hose fitting: Jabsco Flush Mount Ss Quick Release Connector & Adapter

The deck wash fitting normally supplied with the Johnson 60 psi deck wash pumps are easily broken off when kicked; but, the do have an integral shut off valve.
I like the idea of this. I can have multiple ports on the boat and just connect where need be. To compare these: Bronze Thru Hull, Flush Type won't seal themselves like the Jabsco one right? Just a point to run through a hose or something else if need be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.