SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crew Available

Name: Ditch
Info/intro : I've spent the last bunch of years saving money for: a house, retirement and a boat. Now that I have those things I've been taking lots time to enjoy life. I would like to crew on a boat long or short term ( short term if fairly close by) any climate or region of the world is fine (hot/cold). Delivery, out for the weekend, a few weeks, long term cruise are all of interest. I'm looking for a sharing, seamanship building experience/adventure.
Boat I have: Souther Cross 31
Experience: I have yet to sail the boat I purchased but recently sailed in New England and Cambodia. But should be classified as a beginner. I love sailing/being on the water and am a thorough determined learner.
Skills: On land I'm a building contractor and am familiar with most aspects of boat systems: electrical, plumbing etc. I'm a competent swimmer. I'm up to date with first aid and CPR. I enjoy doing and teaching Yoga. I also have skills in physical training/therapy/therapeutic massage. I have studied culinary arts and love cooking.
Sailing education: I have educated myself with many sailing books including: general sailing, navigation/piloting, storm techniques, anchoring, currents/winds/tides, rules of the road, boat emergencies, first aid aboard, upkeep and maintenance, including: repairs to most systems.
I enjoy: reading, playing/writing music, cards, listening/talking, exploring or observing natural beauty,
Languages(in order of capability) English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
Food: simple, natural, healthy: beans, grains, veggies.
Drink: water and tea
Nonsmoker
Health: I keep healthy and have had recent physicals and blood work done with no negative results.
Current location: exploring the mountains of Montana, Colorado and Idaho but making my way to the easy coast of the USA.
Equipment: I have most personal sailing equip: foulies, hand held GPS/VHF etc. But will be happy to purchase any equip for the trip.
Passport: USA
Picture:
Question: if you have any question feel free to ask. Email or PM me.
Email: leroiditch at yahoo . com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same question, I am seeking a person like you for a hand sailing a Morgan 38 from Md to Lake Champlain. I posted today so check it out and email if you interested in chatting about.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Same question, I am seeking a person like you for a hand sailing a Morgan 38 from Md to Lake Champlain. I posted today so check it out and email if you interested in chatting about.
going in search of the lake champlain monster?:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts