SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Alan-

Hate to break it to you, but most women aren't going to be interested in spending a week sharing a cabin with a man they don't know... especially one with little or no track record or reputation to base any opinions on. This is your first post in an long-standing on-line sailing forum, and my response is very likely to be one of the milder ones.

$2000 for a week is pretty expensive as well... I see very little upside for any woman considering spending a week in the Caribbean, compared to say going via a cruise ship.

Also, saying that you're looking for a fling, and then saying it could be platonic a sentence later... really makes your post questionable IMHO.

Personally, I think it'd be far easier to respect your position if this wasn't your first and only post on the forum to date-and you didn't come across like the typical "looking for hot female crew" poster on this forum, but it is your first post, and you do come across that way...

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts

·
Wind and pie move my boat.
424 Posts
I read the whole post hoping he would say something like private quarters available at start of trip . How perfect would that be ???

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
That'd be far more reasonable than what he is asking... I don't know about you, but I'd be a bit wary of sharing a cabin with anyone I just met... there ain't enough privacy on a small sailboat to begin with, much less when you have to share a cabin with a total stranger. The fact that none of the people he knows are willing to go with him says a lot IMHO, and not in a good way.
I read the whole post hoping he would say something like private quarters available at start of trip . How perfect would that be ???

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Yup... it is... and that means he's violating the terms of service... he's not supposed to have multiple usernames....

·
Registered
702 Posts
he changed it cuz everyone thought he was a chick looking for another chick but his name was alan so they didnt know if he was a crossdresser or what side of the fence he played on

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,264 Posts
Maybe he is half of the 4th couple that they lost in the other thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts