SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M/V Jenny is currently in Cartagena, Columbia. I am currently solo and plan to leave here in January and head up to the Dominican Republic for a while and then decide what parts of the Windward and Leeward Islands to explore before heading out of the Caribbean by June. My current thoughts are either to head up to Maine for the summer or over to the Mediterranean Sea.

I am seeking a female crew/companion with a love of the sea and enthusiastic for adventure, who desires to explore new cultures and ecologies for this cruise. You must be willing to share the work, brave and cool headed in the face of danger, and be athletic and trim for the rigors of long distance cruising. Small boating experience is good enough, Spanish speaking is a plus. You must be able to cover your own travel expenses to and from the boat as well as personal expenses such as clothing, sports gear, etc. I will cover all boat and living expenses.

Jenny is a comfortable and safe Nordhavn 46.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Daschramm-

You're obviously not too bright, since you're on a powerboat, and asking for crew on a SAILING FORUM. You're obviously an idiot... since you couldn't figure out that having a first post of looking for "HOT FEMALE CREW for MY POWERBOAT" is going to somewhat less than effective.

Also, why would any woman, who is trim, fit and intelligent, want to fly down to Columbia, which is not exactly one of the safest places to travel, to meet up with a person she doesn't know, who has no references or past history on this forum, and has the IQ of a brain-damaged sea urchin.

Add to this that you're a cheap bastage and she has to pay for her flight to Columbia.... such a bargain... what a deal... NOT!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
These threads keep getting better and better. Columbia of all places. Are you actually serious. That sounds like a safe place for a single female to meet a total stranger. I especially like "athletic and trim for the rigors of long distance cruising." Personally I have met some quite large men who do just fine cruising around in their big trawlers. Are you at least offering private quarters at onset of trip?

What next? Somali man seeks rich attractive woman for extended cruise. Must be willing to provide megayacht within 200 miles of somali coast. Solo and unarmed a plus!

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you want to "explore ecologies" then sell the stink pot and buy a sailboat to save some ecology.
Unless "athletic and trim" is a prerequisite because she will have to row your Nordhavn 46 to be more ecology friendly. That would represent some rigors.
Otherwise Nordhavn 46 seems to me a very safe boat and the most "danger" is perhaps the captain.

·
Wind and pie move my boat.
428 Posts
I have become very fond of Sailnet , & these threads are rapidly becoming my favorite part . They all sound to me like....." Hey baby , Wanna get lucky ? " hahahahaha

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
ITS A NORHAVN!!!
Dock Monitor, he needs a companion on a NORDHAVN!
You could be motoring around the Caribbean on your favorite boat.
Buy a wig and give him your best man on man loving. Its a Norhavn!

·
Registered
702 Posts
What next? Somali man seeks rich attractive woman for extended cruise. Must be willing to provide megayacht within 200 miles of somali coast. Solo and unarmed a plus!
Must be weak and easy going Dont want a girl that will put up a fight. Dont forget all your life savings and must like a man that can negotiate with foreign govts

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
The way I see it... if he can afford a Nordhavn 46, and the fuel to run it all around the Caribbean from Columbia, he can afford to pay the lady's airfare and gear expenses... :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Gui / Dog,

You guys are tough on some of the poor souls who venture in here. Maybe you could post a "sticky" for newbies seeking crew -- you know, sort of a 'rules of the road' piece. It might contain a couple of check lists -- one for people who really do want to find crew and the other for "captains" like Stevie and the guy from Turkey who just want create a thread that is certain to entertain the crew here at SailNet. :rolleyes:

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Umm... they pretty much bring it upon themselves IMHO... especially when they post a "looking for hot chick to crew for me" as their first post. There isn't any way to give them the common sense God gave an ant if they ain't got it to begin with.

Gui / Dog,

You guys are tough on some of the poor souls who venture in here. Maybe you could post a "sticky" for newbies seeking crew -- you know, sort of a 'rules of the road' piece. It might contain a couple of check lists -- one for people who really do want to find crew and the other for "captains" like Stevie and the guy from Turkey who just want create a thread that is certain to entertain the crew here at SailNet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
If the sailnet dating service doesn't work out for you here's a couple suggestions...

match.com

if that doesn't work try ho's r us:laugher :laugher

Give me a break!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
These are some of the more amusing threads, especially when they fight back! No end to the wit and sarcasm found here.

To those who think it's only the ladies who are in danger in these types of arrangements, I offer the following sea story: Several years back I met a guy in Panama -- retired Air Canada pilot -- who was solo sailing a 40+ cat. Nice guy, great fisherman, good sailor -- he was looking for company in the So. Pacific. He recruited a lady to join him sight unseen (well, maybe they swapped photos, I'm not sure). She arrived in Colon, rolled her suitcases down the dock, moved aboard taking over more than 1/2 the boat with her stuff, and started acting like she owned the place. She actually had him emptying out lockers so she could stow all the things she'd brought along. Being a gentleman, he figured he couldn't kick her off 24 hours after she arrived, so she stayed for a while. After a week with her on board he was roaming the docks for hours every afternoon looking for a place to have a quite drink and maybe scrounge a meal with someone who might be sympathetic to his plight. We all told him he had to send her packing. He eventually confronted her and offered to refund the cost of her ticket if she'd leave. She blew a gasket, cussed him up one side and down the other -- you could hear her all over the marina. In a day or so she was gone and our friend was alone once more.

Maybe he should have used the SailNet forum -- what's worse: having the Dog and Gui make you look like an idiot, or proving you are by letting a witch move aboard.

·
Wind and pie move my boat.
428 Posts
I had a dream I was living on my boat with a witch. When she came back from the grocery the Skipjack was leaving the harbor & I was hurling her things overboard. Man .... that dream was liberating

1 - 20 of 29 Posts