SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Last time I went to the Galapagos, I sailed there from Panama, doldrums and all. I'd love to get there by sail again. Anyone heading in that directions from California? I can fly to meet you as well :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
It is hurricane season so heading for the Galapagos from California before November is not too smart.

We are in the La Playita anchorage in Panama City and in February thro' May there are lots of boat heading west and many seek crew on the local radio net. Most seek crew for the longer jump to the Marquesas and would not want someone getting off in the Galapogos, our crew have signed-up for the Marquesas.

If you are serious and qualified I can put you in touch with the lady who runs the radio net.

Phil

Good Luck Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil.

Yes, please put me in touch with her.

I'm very serious, though not sure how qualified I am as it's been a lifetime since I've sailed seriously. However, I'm fit, strong for my small size, and a hard worker (I'd be willing to pull the 12 to 3AM and noon to 3PM shift I did before when I sailed.) I'm also an excellent cook and intelligent.

Really, I just feel bad about doing something as environmentally insensitive as taking a plane to the Galapagos. Maybe I should look to partner as I have funds, but I'd like to work and not blow a ton of money.

Thanks for warning me about hurricane season (part of why we are having such wonderful swells here) and I can't leave before Christmas anyway.

Thanks so much, Phil.

Maya

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
You will do better from Panama than Ecuador. When we were in Ecuador going to the Galapagos there only were about a three or four boats there who were heading west.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.