SailNet Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A working adventure awaits men of sound mind and body who have a willingness to learn and are looking for a great opportunity. We have a couple of available slots left and we are looking for maritime crew to assist with the delivery of an eighy-eight (88) foot Schooner. This is a working position of three (3) eight (8) hour shifts, subject to change at the Captains descrection. There are currently two (2) professional Captains on board as wells as two (2) experienced crewmen. The delivery will orginiate in Turkey with a final destination of the Abaco Bahamas.

Crew will be responsible for all travel expenses to Turkey where the trip orignates and from Abaco Bahamas which is the final destination. The crew will also be asked to contribute $25.00 a day toward the daily expenses (ie. meals).

If you are intested in this adventure, or have additional questions just contact threw this post

PLEASE NOTE: There will be zero tolerance for drugs.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
I think I may have missed something? How is it a "working adventure" and "working position" if the crew have to pay you per diem expenses and not the other way around?

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's easy Donna. if you work you get to have the adventure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we already have our core crew
But have room for just one person wanting the experience
of sailing the med and sailing from there to the Bahamas

·
Registered
673 Posts
Uh... NO.

I just did TranslAtlantic on a 65'er. Owner (not on board) flew me OVER and HOME. Boat was fully provisioned at his cost and we ate VERY well. His Captain took very good care of me. But then I pull my weight and then some.

I think if you find someone that both pays their way there AND pays per diem to be on board you'll get exactly what YOU'RE paying for.

·
Dirt Free
2,761 Posts
suggest you try SA ... more your type of people

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Fortyfive years ago the going rate for crew paying boat in the Med was $3 a day for the adventure and experience.It certainly wasn't a ripoff then and 25 today is very reasonable price. Situations may vary and need to be wary still. While some nervous Nellies may spend $25 in starbucks opinionating on upgrading their portopoty other will grab the world by the short and curlys and sail on. Where away??

·
Dirt Free
2,761 Posts
Fortyfive years ago the going rate for crew paying boat in the Med was $3 a day for the adventure and experience.It certainly wasn't a ripoff then and 25 today is very reasonable price. Situations may vary and need to be wary still. While some nervous Nellies may spend $25 in starbucks opinionating on upgrading their portopoty other will grab the world by the short and curlys and sail on. Where away??
Let us know how that works out for ya.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Great thing about starbucks .Free wiFi to keep in touch with the outer world. If you refer to my search for adventure in particular ,I can only answer in past tense. It worked out very well, thank you. Many seas, several oceans; a satisfying lifestyle on board the boat I built when I got back. (switched from paying to paid pretty quick back in '67) Now on shore leave on the Andaman Sea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts