SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We need fresh crew-- wore out our first set on the leg from Key Biscayne to Charleston!-- nasty weather. Sailing from Charleston Harbor to Holden Beach NC, leaving Friday morning (April 10) at the earliest, as late as Tuesday morning (April 14) if that works better for crew and weather. This is a one-night, two day trip-- about 20 hours, under average conditions. Boat is 40' Challenger, well-equipped. We can pick you up in Holden Beach, Wilmington, Southport area and drive you down to Charleston. Phone numbers from the first crew are available, for up-to-date references!

Email me at suzybobkai at gmail.com-- let me know what timing works for you. Thanks.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
You should be able to make the Waccamaw River in one day, anchoring on the off channel side of Butler Island. If you want a marina, you can go in to Georgetown. Either way, be very alert on the stretch from the turn to Georgetown up to the bridge. It's very easy to get confused with the markers going off to the marina at the bridge. I've seen a number of boats go aground there.

You should be able to make the Little River, just north of Myrtle Beach the next day, or, again, stop at a marina in Myrtle Beach. You then have the option of going out the Little River Inlet to Southport.

·
purveyor of mischief
533 Posts
looking for a ride...i'm in georgetown sc

may have found this too late..
am looking for rides for chas race week and stumbled on here.
lemme know if you are already past and on your way north..brisk day, but a great sailing day today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts