SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. We will be sailing north from either Key Biscayne or Pumpkin Key (or somewhere in vicinity), early-to mid April. Need Crew. Boat is Challenger 40, well-equipped. We're mid-fifties, husband and wife, some sailing experience but not enough to go it alone yet! We could use two crew members, one must be more experienced than us, the other can be deck hand. No pay, sorry! Good food though, and all the fish you can catch! email me @ suzybobkai gmail. Thanks~

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
You might want to mention if you just want to get to North Carolina, or want to meander your way there.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We just want to get there. On the outside, safely. We don't want anyone who is in a hurry though, for obvious safety reasons. We'll look for a good weather window, but if things go bad, weather-wise, we'll duck in somewhere. Otherwise, day and night sailing. It will probably take 4-5 days. Thanks, John.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, we don't. Not yet, anyway. The date would depend on what works best for everybody involved, as well as the weather. Are you in the US?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're still looking, i'm interested. I'm closer to your "deck hand" position, - been sailing a 36' hunter around Charleston, SC for 2 yrs, and did bareboat (beneteau 40') in BVI's last year. i'm 49, very good physical condition, non-smoker, very easy-going, married. Can cook some if that's helpful. My schedule is very flexible, and can pay all my own expenses.
I'm in love with the 'live-aboard' lifestyle and looking to get some experience. Let me know if a possibility. Thanks - Steve

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All, we appreciate your replies. We are still missing (go figure) a really experienced person. By that I mean a person who, in the event of difficulties, is not going to turn to one of us and say "Now what do we do?" The trip should only take about three days, with "fair winds and following seas", and we will offer to pay the right person's expenses to get back home. If we had lots of money, we'd do more. But we don't. Please don't make us go the ICW!

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The two crew members we have so far are 22-yr.old twins, lovely girls we met here in Florida. They're swimsuit models, normally, but it was hotter than usual last Tuesday and they got the tops of their feet sunburned so they're going to have to take a few weeks off. They thought sailing might be a nice change of pace.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have not had a chance to ask him but my 22 year old son might be interested :) He is has been sailing since he was 2 months old.

Just kidding he is in college and might never make it back after he meet the twins. LOL

Good Luck with your search, did you ever consider marketing ? you seem to know how to generate interest.

Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
I might be switching jobs in the next few weeks, and as a result would have the time to do this. Are you still looking for crew? I'd be more of the deckhand variety. Although I have crewed in the BVI, Dutch West Indies, and many times on the chesapeake.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Crew To NC

Hi,
I sailed my 41' Morgan up last May from Ft Lauderdale to NJ. We did a few offshore runs up to Beaufort. Let me know. I am 57 and looking at heading south this Fall '09 w/my wife!

Corbett

·
Registered
994 Posts
lol nice pic!

I could be free and have a window in my schedule. I would put me in the experienced catagory having sailed and raced for many years. I am in Key West right now with my Beneteau 440. I can be up to Biscayne in a day and can leave my boat with friends in Hurricane. I was looking for crew to have some company on my own trip as my guests have had to return to UK with serious non sailing related medical condition. .....but your trip sounds good and I could make it up to you in time. [email protected].. Easy going..knowledgeable and able. Lets talk

·
adventurer
8 Posts
hey suzysailor I sent you an email did you get it?
If not i can try to pm you
hope we can work something out! : )
Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sailing

As I have just sold my boat (due to the economy) and am already greatly missing the water, I would love to join your sail. I have significant experience sailing long voyages, including a circumnavigation, and several years in New England. Most of my experience on the East Coast is further North, but if you are still interested, I would be very happy to join you. Feel free to call me at 714.292.7572 or josh at vandelayventures dot com . I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Josh Berglund

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Im Brad ODonnell I hold a 100 ton masters license have done deliveries from Canaries to Cape Verdes to Brazil and then up to the Caribean. St Thomas to the Chesapeak Bay, Turks and Caicos through Panama Canal and up the Pacific towards Nicuragua. I have a charter service on Lake Erie up North. I am planning on being in Florida on the 24th of April. If you know the exact date I could get down there earlier. Drop me a line and we will see what we can get together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts