SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
We are a 72ft Ketch sailing from Port Vila, Vanuatu to Bundaberg in the next couple of weeks. We need people with a great attitude that are willing to muck in to come and share the adventure. You only pay for your travel and food- the rest is covered.
Guaranteed fun on a beautiful boat. Sailing experience is helpful but not necessary. Get in touch!
Esther
S/Y WHITBREAD

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Just curious, if the crew is paying their airfare and their food, exactly what are you paying for?? If someone is crewing for no pay, generally, feeding them is the least the captain can do IMHO. More details on the boat might also be a good idea, since you're new here and have no track record or history to base anything on.

Welcome to Sailnet. I'd highly recommend you read this POST to help you get the most out of sailnet.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
ESTHER,
Sounds great. I will pass it around - might be someone wanting an offshore trip. Could you please email me with details of boat, crew requirements etc.
DC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more info

Hi guys,

sorry about financial situation but the boat is working on a budget, the permanent crew are both instructors and happy to impart their knowledge. Ideal for people who are looking to build miles and learn all the skills needed to sail and navigate a big boat.
The boat is a Robert Clark 72 built in Falmouth, UK in 1973. Originally designed as a sail training boat with 20 berths, she has now been refitted to work as a private cruising boat. The rig has been left manual so all hank on sails etc, which is why we need more crew. Currently 3 on board which is a bit of a workout so we're looking to be six in total.

Esther
SY Whitbread

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I'm currently in Vanuatu and would be interested in crewing to Aust. Very little sailing experience but keen to learn.

What are the dates and estimated cost?

Thanks
Alison

alison.kalstrap at googlemail.com

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Esther—

Thanks for the update... sounds like an interesting option for someone looking to get sea hours and additional experience/training in. What credentials do the permanent crew have?? Also, just curious, but how is she rigged?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quals.

We are both RYA Cruising Instrcutors with 95,000+ nm in the bank so far.
Whitbread is ketch rigged, originally built for sail training and therefore manual- hank on sails. Hope that answers your questions
Esther

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keen to muck in!

Hey Esther,

I just quit my 9 to 5 in search of adventure and you posted this the next day! I use to work the outer Barrier reef on dive boats (some with sails) as a cook and deckhand and lived aboard a coastal cruising 47' sloop for 2 months a few years ago. Im a bit rusty on the skills but Im keen to learn, fit and prepared to muck in. If you youll consider me please get back to me with some more details (Im happy to give you a call). I can be reached by email on:

mick_hastings at yahoo dot com.

cheers,
Mick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts